Do you enjoy working in the medical field? Do you enjoy teaching others? Ogden-Weber Tech College is looking for an all-star with a positive attitude and great work ethic to fill its Health Information Instructor position. The Health Information Instructor will provide technical instruction to students enrolled in the Health Information Program. Course content areas include: medical billing and reimbursement; medical coding including ICD-10-CM, CPT, and HCPCS codes; front office etiquette; and documentation procedures using an electronic medical record.
• Provide students with technical instruction in a safe, clean, and productive learning environment; maintain student records to include verification of attendance and competency completion.
• Meet programmatic and accrediting body goals for student completion, placement, and licensure.
• Assist students with job placement and applicable industry or state certifications/licenses in support of meeting placement and licensure/certification goals.
• Exemplify, motivate, and advise students in the areas of program and college expectations and appropriate work behavior and dress standards. Assist counselors, supervisor, and other staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student success.
• Seek and implement feedback to continuously improve program curricula and training facilities in support of completion goals.
• Complete ongoing professional development to increase technical expertise and instructional skills.
• Interact in a positive and professional manner with students, coworkers, and college partners seeking win-win solutions.
• Work cooperatively within the college community. Actively serve on college teams as assigned and participate in programmatic and college-wide marketing activities.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
The Ideal candidate for this position is someone who:
• Must have a minimum of two years of documented work experience in both medical coding, medical billing, and front office duties.
• Must possess a current Certified Professional Coder (CPC) credential from the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) credential, or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) credential from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
• Preference given to individuals with a degree in Health Information Technology, Health Information Management, or related field.
• Preference given to individuals with teaching experience.
• Proficient in using computers, computer technology, and computer software related to position.
• Demonstrate ability to work with individuals of all racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds.
• Spanish speaking proficiency desirable.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN OUR TEAM:
Working for Ogden-Weber Technical College you will have the opportunity to make a difference by providing real world experience to our students.
Ogden-Weber Technical College strives to provide excellence for our students by creating a technically-skilled workforce one student at a time.
HOURLY WAGE: $15.00 to $20.00
WORKING HOURS: Monday through Thursday 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM
BENEFITS: No benefits offered
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
TO APPLY: Interested and qualified candidates may apply online and submit a resume at https://www.otech.edu/employmentapp.
A conditional offer of employment will be made pending a satisfactory completion of a background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.
Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. The Ogden-Weber Tech College is an Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, college policy prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, marital status or parental status, race, color, religion, age, national origin, sexual orientation and physical or mental handicap.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER